(Mrs T. Bowley's) Irresistible Biscuits

 Mum in the 60's


Mrs T. Bowley's Irresistible biscuits are suspiciously like the Nellie Biscuits I made a few weeks ago... Hmmm, has it finally happened that the consistency of the appearance of flour, butter & sugar has manifested itself in the same thing called something else?.... I knew it! What will be next? I hope it won't be soon, that wouldn't be much fun, would it?


Sorry I missed a few episodes of BP'sL. I have actually been away on holidays! We had the loveliest week in the Outer Banks, NC. And, like most vacations my husband and I have, we ate some really delicious food. I, as usual, made sure there were some photos of the food as well! I was looking back over all my photos recently, and realised that I have so many food pics from all over the world. (And quite a few of me scoffing myself!). There is quite a collection!! I am thinking of adding to the blog a day of 'food photos' from different places. Then I will have an excuse to go out (or not, staying in pics are good too!), take photos of yummy food and yes, eat that yummy food! What do you think?


I love going out to eat. If something becomes a favourite dish, then we do our best in this household to learn how to make it. So, we eat pretty well around here!


But, back to the holiday. The Outer Banks are best known for their seafood, - crab in particular. Man, did we eat a bit of crab. We started on the way down with lump crab cake sandwiches, moved onto Crab Grenades (with Wasabi sauce, hello yum!) and ended with Alaskan King Crab legs. Those suckers were huge! I am glad when we used to go crabbing when I was a kid that we weren't pulling those guys up. I think I would still be having crab nightmares.


Anyway, now I am fairly (not totally!) beachified again. Nothing like some salt air and beach walks to put me back on the ground. Thanks, North Carolina, I needed that!


(Mrs T. Bowley's) Irresistible Biscuits


1 1/2 lb flour
1/2 lb butter
3/4 lb sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp bicarb soda
1 tsp cream of tartar


Mode (yes! there was a mode this time!)


~ Beat butter & sugar to a cream
~ Then add milk & eggs well beaten
~ Rub soda & cream tartar into flour
~ Mix altogether to a paste and roll thin
~ Bake in a moderate oven until they are brown & crisp

No comments:

Post a Comment