German Nut Cake

 
My Grandma (Phyllis) in her cute suit

This cake was so yummy! Even though there are no nuts IN the cake, and putting them in the icing is optional, German Nut Cake is a winner.

Guys, seriously. I am making something full of butter, eggs, flour and sugar at least once every week. (And eating it!). That, on top of Ben & Jerry's limited edition Flourless Chocolate Cake icecream, - I am turning my little family into fatties.

(On another very serious note, if you like chocolate you must find this icecream. We like our icecream over here, but it isn't often that we'll buy the same flavour more than twice in a row. It's limited edition, so I might have to go stock up. Yes. Yes, I am very serious!).

Sorry I didn't talk about the cake very much. It is very good. But sometimes, something else is just that bit better. 

Oh, and PS - I FOUND MILO AT THE CORNER STORE!!! Oh you can imagine the chocolate hyperness going on over here....

German Nut Cake
(transcribed as is, sans the calligraphy pen)

Not quite 1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 lbs butter, 
beat butter & sugar is a cream
add 3 egg well beaten
1 cup self raising flour
3 Tbs Fry's cocoa (do they still have that?)
1 of ground cinnamon
1/2 of mixed spice
bake in sandwich tins for 10 or 15 minutes

For filling

~ Melt 1/4 butter in a saucepan
~Add 1/2 lbs icing sugar
~ let stand till almost cool then spread between cake and on top and sprinkle with ground cocoanut or ground nut (we used both desiccated coconut and crushed walnuts)





No comments:

Post a Comment