(Grumpy) Bacon & Egg Pie

My Aunty Pam (never a grump!) with Roger the Dog

Who else gets grumpy? Drops their bottom lip and won't even sulkily pick it up off the ground? I don't think it happens very often to me, but I admit, it does happen - and I am feeling it right now! Everything is annoying me at the moment - the subway especially. I went for a ride this morning, and it took me 2-and-a-half hours to run a ten minute errand. And I seemed to have one of those experiences that included someone cutting their fingernails,  someone spitting orange pips and peel on the subway floor, someone throwing their trash out the door when it opened, people hogging two seats when the train is so packed that I am about to pass out. And of course, as usual, the louder than necessary walkmans, er, ipods! Usually I am ok with it (I have to be!), but today, no.

I sound like a pain in the ass. And today, I am. I should probably not even write today, - but I feel like we all feel a little like this sometimes, and why keep that to yourself? Why not make a joke of yourself on a blog?! (Laughing at yourself - my best advice for anyone, anytime, for anything!)

When I was a little girl, my Grandma took my sister and I shopping for Care Bears. Remember them?! My sister went straight for Wish Bear, - it was so cheery and happy, with a rainbow & a star on its belly. But I couldn't help picking up Grumpy Bear. After all, who would love Grumpy Bear? Who would actively choose a grump over Wish - , Cheer - , Funshine - or  Friend - Bear, I wondered? Does he get left out just because he is grumpy? Do the other kids pick up Grumpy, and say, I want to have a Grumpy Bear Care Bear? I doubted it. And I felt bad for him. So, Grumpy came home with me, and I would look at him sometimes and think, I know how you feel Grumpy. When it does happen, I am horrible to be around, I'm sure. 

Like, when I promise I will make Bacon & Egg Pies for breakfast, and can't be bothered making my own pastry (because I am in a grump & feel like I am crap at it anyway), and use some left over phyllo pastry, which of course there's not enough left of for the pie LIDS, which annoys me even more, and then I have to serve up weirdo bacon & egg pies that I didn't put much love & patience into. I am surprised we didn't spit it out! But, they were actually quite yummy. 

So, here you go, -  I am going to post you the Grumpy Bacon & Egg Pies!

They will be made again another day with love, - when I wake up on a much nicer side of the bed. And they will be awesome!


Bacon & Egg Pie

eggs
1 potato
bacon
cheese
onion

pastry - make your own, or you can use phyllo pastry. 
  
5" individual pie tins

~ Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
~ Boil the potato until it's soft, cut it into slices.
~ Fry the bacon & onions (separately)
~ Layer potato, bacon and onion in pie crust bottom
~ Sprinkle cheese on
~ Crack 1 or 2 eggs into the pie
~ Put on Pie Lid, & brush with egg or milk. Pierce top to let out steam. (Maybe I should do that to myself?)
~ Bake for 12 minutes
~ Delicious with Tomato Sauce (Ketchup)


















 Sunday April 17th update

What's that saying about tomorrow always being fresh with no mistakes?

Hello, better side of the bed, how are you today? Me? Much better, thank you! *Smile*! (Thank you to my husband for being so nice to me when I am a grump! And my Mum & Sis, who also wrote to me, you made me feel so much better!)

I tried the bacon & egg pies (sans grumpy) again this morning. This blog is making me feel fat!

Pastry for savoury pie

1 1/4 cup flour
8 TBS butter
a little water
a little salt

YES! I actually made the pastry this morning. God, these were good! (Don't know why I insist upon being scared of pastry!)




2 comments:

  1. Look good think I might make some for lunch today. Last day of school holidays here!!!
    You were not alone being grumpy yesterday!!! Possibly the fact I only got 2hrs sleep may of not helped..feel much better today too! Chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was a grumpy kind of Saturday! Thank goodness it goes away - I can't imagine having many friends otherwise! Did you try the pies for lunch? If so, how'd they turn out?

    ReplyDelete