Happy Birthday Sis!

 Grandma outside the Post Office




Happy Birthday to my beautiful sister. If we were together I would bake you a cake from the ledger. But seeing as though we are miles apart I am going to have to ask you what you'd like and we'll eat it here in celebration! - Here's your choices ...
Orange Cake, Sultana Cake, Coffee Cake or Sponge Fingers. Tell me what you would like me to post for your birthday and I will make it. (Maybe a little belatedly!)...

I didn't always get along very well with my sister. Is that always how it is? I feel like some sisters got along ok, and others didn't. We were the latter. Not all the time, but man did we have some ripper fights. Mum used to get so upset, because she always wanted us to be best friends. That always made me wanna puke! Little sisters are sometimes so annoying! But we were friends too, and allies a lot, and in a childhood full of many schools and travels she was my constant companion and now, my bestest friend in the world. I am so lucky to have a sister!

BIG HUGS FROM NY ON YOUR B-DAY!! xx 
(and a nice snapshot of one of those travel trips - hehe! Actually, I don't know why I am laughing, I look like I am in a foul mood - I remember NOT wanting to wear that stupid rain hood, but preferring it to the shower cap Grandma made my sister wear)!




2 comments:

  1. I don’t know why you wanted to wear the shower cap, I look totally ridiculous! And I must admit, I have really been enjoying all the photos you have been putting up but I don’t know how comfortable I am with a photo of me in a shower cap for the world to see!!

    Sorry I was (and probably still am) such a pain of a little sister. But if I had to choose between being best friends as kids or best friends now, I wouldn’t change a thing. Love you, Sis…… oh & I choose the coffee cake!

    There are promises of Mum making me the ‘Doll’ cake for my 33rd Birthday party, just like the one she made me for my 3rd birthday. If she does, I promise to put photos up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARE YOU SERIOUS!! I didn't want to wear the shower cap. I don't think I wanted to wear anything, and would have preferred to just get wet. Look, you can see it in my eye!

    Of course coffee cake, now that I am trying to not drink coffee!!! But for you, an exception! xx

    (PS. and i was a pain sister too, don't worry!)

    ReplyDelete