Zucchini Slice

 My Mum, Karyn

Wow - things are hectic for me once again! I have been trying to slow down, and chillax so that I can fit everything that I like to do into my life - but it has been challenging the last few weeks!! 

It seems we are all trying to find a balance. Whether we work too hard and have no time for ourselves, or have a family and have no time for ourselves, or both and variations thereof - it seems to me a lot of people are juggling. I am trying really hard to get out of this cycle, and get into leading a more balanced life. I have done it before, but it gets harder as I get older. I am not sure why?

Ah, but I am looking very forward to my summer out of the cycle. I will be in Bali, and doing the things I love the most... hanging out with my sister, learning things - batik and how to surf, writing and working on my next album (already half-done for about 4 years!) and hopefully getting some gamelan practice in, yoga every day and eating well. In the lead-up I can only BE more crazy, right? I am going to try not to be, promise... 

How do you make time for yourself, and slow down?

You could always make some yummy zucchini slice courtesy of Grandma Campbell.. that'll do it! (Or today you could check out my ANZAC biscuit recipe..)


Zucchini Slice
375g zucchini
1 large onion
3 rashers bacon
1 cup grated cheese (I used sharp cheddar and some smoked mozarella)
1 cup s.r. flour
1/2 oil or milk
6 eggs
salt & pepper & herbs

~ grate unpeeled zucchini, finely chop onion and bacon
~ mix all ingredients together
~ put into well greased container and bake in moderate oven for 30 or 40 mins
 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful photo of Mum. And quite appropriate really because whilst I don't remember Grandma's Zucchini slice, I do know that Mum's is the BEST! Which reminds me, she hasn't made me one for a while. I'll have to get onto that. Mum, are you reading this?

    ReplyDelete